Finding a PREMi Resolution Specialist Near You…
PREMi is an organization of dispute resolution experts who have numerous years experience in the various dispute resolution techniques.
William D. Gilbride, Jr.
Bill has represented a variety of clients in the boardroom and the courtroom, providing a collection of perspectives and insights that now inform his role as a neutral. Throughout his career, he has represented a variety of clients in state and federal courts and administrative tribunals in matters involving breach of contract, shareholder rights, employment and non-compete agreements, trade secrets, sales commissions, stock purchases and securities, title and land use, foreclosures, ERISA and employee benefits, intellectual property, supplier disagreements, government contracts, and professional licensure and disciplinary actions.
As outside general counsel and a valued trusted business advisor to for-profit and non-profit organizations alike, Bill has pursued and protected clients’ interests in mergers and acquisitions, risk management and corporate compliance, real estate and land use, and employment negotiations and transactions.
Bill has practiced with Abbott Nicholson, PC in Detroit since 1989, where he served for 11 years as the law firm’s managing partner. This management and leadership savvy further lends itself to his dispute resolution talents.
Within the legal community, Bill is active in state and local bar association activities, including his service as past Chairman of the State Bar of Michigan’s ADR Section Council and as a fellow with both the Michigan State Bar Foundation and the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Foundation. He has earned the respect of his peers and colleagues, as evidenced by his accolades as a Michigan Super Lawyer, a dBusiness Magazine Top Lawyer, a Law Bulletin Publishing Leading Lawyer, and an AV Preeminent Lawyer rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He was also inducted into the American Board of Trial Advocates, an invitation-only group of accomplished trial lawyers who demonstrate high personal character and honorable reputation. Bill is the 2020 recipient of the George M. Bashara Award from the State Bar ADR Council, the highest honor awarded by the Section. In November 2020, Bill will join the American Arbitration Association panel for commercial and complex cases. Bill remains active as a Business Court case evaluator for Wayne County.
Bill is a graduate of the University of Detroit School of Law and the
University of Michigan.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Auto Supplier Disputes
- Commercial Transactions
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Actions
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.G.S.
- Certified Mediator
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Super Lawyers – Michigan, ADR (Thomson Reuters), 2008 to present
- AV Preeminent Lawyer (Martindale-Hubbell) – Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0
- DBusiness Magazine, “Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit”
- Leading Lawyers (Law Bulletin Publishing) – ADR & Commercial Litigation
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Pro Hac Vice admissions in Wisconsin and New York
- State Bar of Michigan
- ADR Section, Council Treasurer
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Michigan Supreme Court Certified Mediator
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- DMBA Foundation, Fellow
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Incorporated Society of Irish American Lawyers
- Grosse Pointe War Memorial Association
- Past Chairperson
Search for other PREMI professionals
PREMi is a unique association of lawyer ADR professionals with unparalleled expertise in ADR processes, the substantive disciplines that underlay disputes, and the state and federal courts that hear them. Our mediator/arbitrators are diverse in every respect: dispute resolution styles, legal and educational backgrounds,
race, gender, and geography.